B2B ReTargeting vs. B2C ReTargeting
ReTargeting has traditionally been used as a tool for helping B2C websites brand their business and drive conversions. Case studies and anecdotal evidence of retargetings value-add to B2C brands can be found on numerous resources across the web. However, there is a huge opportunity for B2B brands to grow their business through retargeting.
Weve gathered data from across the majority of our clients, and while retargeting for B2C brands works extremely well, we do not think that retargeting for B2B endeavors should be ignored. In fact, for most of our measured metrics, weve found B2B retargeting to outperform B2C retargeting.
Here are our results:
- CTR: B2B retargeting outperforms B2C retargeting by 147%
- Conversions Per Impression: B2B retargeting outperforms B2C retargeting by 402%
- Conversions Per Click: B2B retargeting outperforms B2C retargeting by 273%
- Click-through Conversions Per Click: B2B retargeting outperforms B2C retargeting by 189%
Based on our in-depth analysis, display retargeting performs noticeably better for B2B companies than B2C, which is great since B2C ReTargeting provides such a strong ROI. We have several ideas as to why this is the case:
- Business consumers are more ready to purchase a solution
- ReTargeting acts as a reminder for B2B consumers who tend to be very busy
- There tends to be a higher sense of purchase urgency with business solutions than with consumer goods
After going through all of this data, there is actually one important parallel between B2B and B2C retargeting campaigns: branding. For B2B and B2C companies, retargeting’s branding component creates a level of comfort between the consumer and the advertiser at a much lower cost than purchasing a billboard or buying ad space in a magazine. No matter who your target market is, retargeting will always be one of smartest and most effective tactics to build your brand.